Dear European users,
This is to announce a change in the rate of Astros with regards to Euro purchases.
The rates of Astros are based on the United States Dollar and the exchange rates relative to the US Dollar.
Our current Astro rates were set up a few years ago, when the USD-Euro exchange rate was significantly different to what it is now and what it has been since the start of 2015. For the past few months, we had tried to keep the number of Astros per Euro at the same rate, however we are not able to sustain it any longer for a variety of reasons.
Due to the ongoing depreciation (going down in value) of the Euro, and for fairness and consistency for our global users (so that users all over the world pay the same price), we had to adjust the rate of Astros.
Our European users, specifically in the eurozone, will notice that they would be receiving a few less Astros for their purchases as of May 7, 2015 11am PST/7pm CET.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
For the convenience of our global users, as well as those wishing to purchase using prepaid and cash methods, we have now introduced the ability to purchase Astros using RIXTY and MONEY ONLINE (MOL). Rixty and MOL are services which allow you to purchase Astros by using a very large selection of prepaid/cash means, such as the Rixty prepaid card available from chain stores, loading balance at your local stores, as well as local banking options. In most cases they allow you to be billed in your local currency.
For example, in Canada you can purchase Rixty prepaid cards in any Loblaws or Safeway store. In Brazil, Rixty cards are available at Walmart stores as well as a large number of other ones. Go on https://www.rixty.com/wheretobuy to find out where to buy Rixty cards according to your location.
In addition, Rixty prepaid cards are available in a wide variety of stores in Brazil, Mexico, Canada and the United States. Rixty also supports UKash, which is available in a wide variety of shops worldwide; as well as OneCard whch is available in the Middle East and North Africa.
To purchase Astros using the Rixty & MOL option:
- The first step should be for you to choose the Rixty-MOL option at the ‘Prepaid’ section of the ‘Get Astro’ page. On the top-left currency corner, please select “International” or “North America”, depending on where you are located and purchasing from.
- Once on the Rixty payment screen, on the lower right corner, choose your country’s flag (in case it isn’t automatically detected and selected). Now you will be shown all the local options of how to pay through Rixty in your country.
- Follow the instructions on-screen for each method and you should be good to go, with an easy and conveniently localized way to pay for your Astros!
- To view any information about the payment method, click on the “?” next to payment method.
- If you are playing from Thailand, Malaysia, India, Singapore, Australia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Brazil, Taiwan, New Zealand and the United States and do not find a suitable and localized way to pay on the Rixty options, choose “Transfer from MOL Account” to see even a wider variety and more local options to pay for Astros.
- Through MOL, you are able to access additional number of local payment options, as well as the MOL website in local languages. MOL fully supports alternative and local payment options in Brazil, Thailand, Malaysia, India, Singapore, Australia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Taiwan, New Zealand and the United States.
As you can see, there is also an option to transfer MOLPoints to a Rixty account to purchase Astros as well and you can follow these step-by-step instructions to do this:
To purchase using MOLPoints, you can reload MOLPoints to purchase Astros in a variety of ways.
- Click on “Transfer from MOL Account”. Balance can be transferred between MOL and Rixty.
- Open www.mol.com in your browser. In the upper right corner, select your country.
- Go to the reload information page and select your country on the upper right hand corner (http://www.mol.com/Help/WhereToReload).
- Depending on your country, you will see a list of options and ways to reload your MOLPoints.
- Register for a free MOLPoints account (https://www.mol.com/Account/Register)
- After registering online, you will need to verify your email address by clicking on a single link that MOL will send you to your email address.
- Log in to your www.mol.com account, and you will be taken to this page: http://www.mol.com/Account/Member
- Here, on the left hand side, you will see all the available options for reloading balance on your MOL account.
- You are able to click on the payment options’ “help” button and details will be shown on how to reload your MOL account balance using the payment option. Follow the instructions on the ‘reload now’ pages of the payment channels to reload balance on your MOL account.
- To choose a payment channel, click on the ‘reload now’ button under the payment channel of your choice.
- Follow the instructions and you will be able to load MOLPoints, which can be used to purchase Astros through the Rixty option on the OGPlanet website.
Remember, if you are unable to find a good cash option to pay using Rixty, you are always able to use MOL in addition to have even a wider variety of payment options to choose from. We hope you enjoy your time using Astros on our game. Please send a ticket to the billing help desk for any queries, questions and help regarding Rixty and MOL payments.
As UGC is closing down soon, we thought it would be good to remind our dear users of the pending closure of their service.
After several years of helping online gamers pay for Astros on OGPlanet games, UGC will be retiring at the end of September.
As of August 15th 2014, UGC was pulled off from retail stores and online resellers worldwide and is no longer available. However, those in possession of an Ultimate Game Card or a UGC code are still able to redeem the codes until September 30, 2014. The codes will no longer be active by the first day of October 2014.
We would like to remind anyone with a UGC card in hand to redeem the code as soon as possible on our website. This can be done by:
- Go to https://astros.ogplanet.com/main.og
- Select ‘All’ or ‘Prepaid’
- Select ‘Ultimate Game Card’
- Ensure the upper right corner of the screen shows your country, or the country of purchase of the UGC card (for currency purposes)
- Enter your UGC code
- Complete the transaction
Any remaining Ultimate Points (UPoints) can still be redeemed up till October 31, 2014. UPoints are leftover balances from UGC purchases. Full instructions on how to redeem UPoints can be found here: https://site.ultimatepay.com/
Thank you for support of OGPlanet games.
Today we would love to present you a special event!
For a short period of time, we will be holding our first ever Billing Event!!
If you purchase certain Get Astro Packages, you will be receiving various amounts of Bonus Astro Coupons!
Look at the table for more details!
||Bonus Astro Coupon
We are holding a second event that is specially organized for a very important group of users.
If, you have spent USD$450 in the 90 days, we would be sending you a 25% Bonus Coupon! We would be checking our system every 30 days for users that qualify for this event until the Event is expired! (Please follow our blog for latest updates about this event, and the many events to come!)
These Coupons would be arriving in your emails. (Check your SPAM and JUNK folders!) If you are sure that you have met the criteria, please feel free to contact us! We’re just an email away!
Please note that these Coupons are redeemable at your next Astro Purchase!
Please feel free to comment, or contacts us at email@example.com
This event wouldn’t be around for forever.
As many of you know, OneBip, our mobile payment solution, has been down for roughly 3 weeks.
Well, we have good news. It is back up on our site!
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to all of OneBip Users.
In case you encounter any other issue, please do comment on this blogpost, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear OGPlanet customers,
We want to apologize for taking such a long time to make a decision regarding the VIP Program.
However, after much consideration, we have decided to discontinue the VIP Program.
Please understand that that it was not easy to make this decision. The Billing team went through much evaluation and debate before deciding to discontinue it.
We understand that there must be questions that you have, and we hope the following would help answer some.
Regarding the previous blogpost, Special Events and Exclusive VIP Helpdesk were mention. Would these services be available?
Unfortunately, no. We feel at this point of time, our resources would be better served improving Customer Services and the Introduction of different Payment Methods to service our diverse users.
Is there a possibility that the VIP Program would be started again?
In the near future, we do not see the VIP Program starting again.
We apologize again for the confusion regarding the VIP Program and hope that you will understand.
We do want to hear your opinion regarding this issue.
Please feel free to comment below, or contact us at email@example.com
OGP Billing Team
Recently we have been receiving an overwhelming number of enquiries regarding changing Credit Card Information. So, here we are putting up a post to help you along the way.
If you use Credit Card to purchase Astros (and if you select to remember your credit card information), you should see that the website remembers your information (the software actually encrypts information as it’s entered — keeping credit card numbers safe and secure.)
If you recently changed your credit card and want to remove your past information, you can delete it by pressing the (X)
If you do press the (X) button, the OGPlanet Billing Website will bring you to this page to enter your new information.
We hope this is helpful for you.
If you find yourself having more questions or continuing having difficulty removing your past information, please fill free to comment on this blogpost or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear OGPlanet customers,
Due to a technical error, some of you might have received an error message when purchasing Astro through Onebip. We have identified an internal bug in our system and have decided to take Onebip down as a temporary measure. For OneBip users, for now, you may check out Zong, alternative to OneBip, until the issue gets resolved.
We expect to resolve the issue by July 7th.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Rest assured that all the other payment gateways are not affected.
After seven years of having fun helping gamers pay online for virtual currency in OGPlanet games, Ultimate Game Card (UGC) will be retiring later this year. Ultimate Game Cards are in the process of being pulled from all retail stores and removed from online resellers. Consumers will no longer be able to buy Ultimate Game Cards after August 15th, 2014.
The last day to redeem your activated UGC codes will be September 30, 2014. So please remember to redeem your UGC codes before that date.
Related to the UGC product retirement, UltimatePoints (UPoints) will also be shut down. The last day to redeem your UPoints will be October 31, 2014.”
It is sad to see UGC retiring. However, OGPlanet will ensure that there will be alternative prepaid payment method in place before September 30th.
Please follow our blog to receive regular updates!
Link to Ultimate Game Card website: http://www.ultimategamecard.com/#details
Dear OGPlanet customers,
Effective June 4th 2014, Bonus Astro Coupon will no longer be available.
This decision was not made lightly. We have decided that our focus should be concentrated on improving customer services and introducing a variety of payment methods that suit your need.
As we begin to sunset Bonus Astro Coupon, we understand that you might have questions or concerns.
We have addressed common questions below.
What happens to my current Bonus Astro Coupon?
Any bonus coupon issued on or before June 3rd could be used before its expiry date.
When is the last day to get Bonus Astro Coupon?
It will be June 3rd.
Any possibility of Bonus Astro Coupon in the future?
As of now, No.
However, we are always open to your suggestion and idea. Please let us know what you think about this closure by commenting below.
Thank you again for your understanding.